Afghans have no vested interest in war in their country: Khan Lala
Posted on 12 months ago
Mian Iftikhar, Akram Durrani also attend jirga
PESHAWAR: A Jirga was held on 20th and 30th May regarding the war on the Afghan homeland since the past 35 years, says a press release. Political representatives from all parties and senior politicians like Afzal Khan and Muhammad Akram Khan Durrani, Fazal Ali Haqani, Maulana Israr Ullah and many others participated in this Jirga which was presided over by Abdul Latif Afridi.
Explaining the purpose of the Jirga to the participants, Afzal Khan Lala said Afghans were victims of the tug of war between international forces of which they were neither a part nor did they have any vested interest in it. He said that agriculture land had become ruins to the war, households had perished and the economy was down to zero.
Former Chief minister Akram Khan Durrani said that the Jamiat-e-Ullema-e-Islam prided itself in bringing all the parties together in this Jirga. He said that the party was attending this Jirga with an open mind and Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman had met with Afzal Khan Lala the same day which was proof of their flexibility.
Mian Iftikhar thanked the participants of the Jirga for their cooperation and it was decided that a committee of the Jirga would be made in which representatives from all parties would be taken.
More Peshawar NEWS
- Governor condoles
- Free seeds, fertilizers distributed
- Governor welcomes approval of Fata University charter
- Ending CNG loadshedding to save Rs600b annually
- Pervez Khattak directs Pesco to reduce load shedding
- Going toe to toe with Shahbaz of Punjab
- KP?Youth Assembly demands audit of ballots
- Protest against load shedding
- 4 injured as fire engulfs trade centre in Sadar; 2 killed in separate incidents
- Caretakers fulfilled their responsibilities:?CM