Pb govt to launch 'Green Tractor Scheme'
Posted on 12 months ago
Sources said that the scheme would be launched in next fiscal year in which 20,000 tractors would be given to the farmers on subsidized rates. The government would be allocated Rs2 billion for the scheme in next budget while 25 percent subsidy per tractor will be provided in the scheme, the sources added.
"The government has included this scheme in non-development project in next fiscal year. In previous schemes of 'Green Tractor' the government had provided 50 percent subsidy but this time it has decided to reduce subsidy to 25 percent in this scheme," the sources said. The tractors will be provided through lucky draw.
It may be mentioned here that the Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had also introduced this scheme during his previous government and the initiative proved successful as the farmers in a great number benefited through this scheme.
comments powered by Disqus
More Lahore NEWS
- Ban extended
- Children lives could be saved if measles treated on time, LHC told
- Caretaker govt. ensures peaceful polls in Balochistan: Barozai
- GCU VC opens pedestrian bridge
- Kin of dead infant protest against doctorsí negligence
- WASA urged to ensure water supply
- No confirmed case of dengue virus in Punjab: Secy Health
- Scorched masses vent summer heat in street protests
- PTI welcomes ECPís decision
- PEF orientation sessions for new NSP partners