Edhi 'under Taliban threat'
Posted on 11 months ago
KARACHI: Pakistan's most revered social worker has been given round-the-clock protection against an alleged Taliban threat, officials said Friday. Abdul Sattar Edhi, 85, runs the country's largest charity, which operates hundreds of ambulances and shelters for women, children and the destitute. Described as a "living saint" for his modest lifestyle and charitable crusade, Edhi has won international peace awards and is one of Pakistan's most popular figures.
comments powered by Disqus
More Front NEWS
- Events not to affect Pak-China ties: Li
- Relief in power crisis likely
- PTI?UK asked not to protest
- TTP welcomes Nawaz’s call
- Five killed in Karachi
- Kashmiri youth martyred in Srinagar
- Chinese PM seen off
- Li‚ Khoso visit Pak-China Centre
- PML-N names Shahbaz for chief minister Punjab
- President okays Civil Servants (Amend) Ord