PML-N stand vindicated, says Shahbaz
Posted on 11 months ago
LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has said that the Supreme Court has upheld the constitution and rule of law by disqualifying Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani.
In a brief chat with media persons in Lahore after the SC verdict, Shahbaz Sharif said the PML-N's movement "Go Zardari Go" would continue.
He ruled out that PML-N would field a candidate for the post of Prime Minister.
Leader of the opposition in the National Assembly Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in an interview with a private TV channel said that the disqualification of Mr Gilani by the Supreme Court has vindicated the stance of the PML-N. He said had Mr Gilani gone after the 26th April verdict by the 7 member bench of the Supreme Court, it would have enhanced his reputation.
Chaudhry Nisar remarked that the SC verdict has fulfilled the old wish of Yusuf Raza Gilani.
comments powered by Disqus
More Front NEWS
- Events not to affect Pak-China ties: Li
- Relief in power crisis likely
- PTI?UK asked not to protest
- TTP welcomes Nawaz’s call
- Five killed in Karachi
- Kashmiri youth martyred in Srinagar
- Chinese PM seen off
- Li‚ Khoso visit Pak-China Centre
- PML-N names Shahbaz for chief minister Punjab
- President okays Civil Servants (Amend) Ord