Ruckus in PA stops CM's speech
Posted on 11 months ago
The Speaker looked totally helpless in pacifying the situation. As the chief minister took the floor to speak on the load-shedding issue, opposition legislators especially PML-Q women members started raising slogans.
The Treasury members also demanded an immediate halt to load-shedding.
Addressing the House, Shahbaz Sharif said he would prefer to die rather than issue orders to open fire at the protesters. He said people after facing torturous load-shedding had taken to the streets and claimed they were right in holding demonstrations to press for their demand.
The chief minister appealed to the protesting people to avoid damaging public and private property. He said protests against loadshedding were a natural reaction and not government-sponsored.
He claimed a selective treatment was being meted out to Punjab. At the stage, the chief minister had to face fierce sloganeering from the opposition members. The reaction was so sharp that he had to stop his speech.
comments powered by Disqus
More Lahore NEWS
- Literacy Centres will be set up for poor children, says DCO
- LDA Plaza’s fire inquiry report presented to CM
- Art exhibition on Monday
- Five accused arrested
- Over 120 gastro, diarrhea patients get facilities
- IG Jail for power exemption for all 32 jails in Punjab
- Heat wave continues
- 'Musharraf to stay in Pakistan’
- Four police officials transferred
- Water coolers to be installed at Qurban Lines