Policeman kills fellow officer
Posted on 11 months ago
A Taliban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi claimed responsibility for the attack saying that the infiltrator was a member of their group.
The attacker fled the scene immediately after the incident which happened in the Char Chino district of southwestern Uruzgan province, and has not been apprehended.
The US-funded ALP was formed to boost security in the provinces, however many experts have doubted the effectiveness of the forces saying it could turn to a major challenge in the future.
comments powered by Disqus
More Afghanistan NEWS
- 14 prisoners handed over
- ISAF aircraft’s hard landing
- Afghanistan to start oil production
- Canadian troops prepare for final deployment
- Diplomatic enclave soon in Kandahar
- Stopping illegal crossing to prevent border incidents: Tehran
- Takhar-Badakhshan road reopens after protest
- Six cops killed, many injured in Taliban attack
- Brothers arrested on suspicion of ties with militants
- ‘Foreign troops to stay till stability is achieved’