JI demands elections forthwith
Posted on 12 months ago
Karachi (PPI): The Jamaat-e-Islami, Pakistan has demanded holding general elections forthwith as it doesn't expect the grave issues the country and the nation is faced with can be resolved by the existing government in next few months.
'The entire nation is well aware how the elections are hijacked but despite that JI considers elections as the peaceful means of change and would continue struggling for it,' central Ameer of JI Syed Munawar Hassan said addressing a 2-day training session organized by JI Sindh chapter at Rizwan mosque here on Sunday.
'How can anyone expect the rulers to resolve the issues in next few months who failed to bring an end to terrorism, target killing, other heinous crimes, unemployment, worst kind of load shedding and US intervention in the country during four and half a year,' he questioned.
Later, talking to media, Munawar Hassan said the terrorists were sitting in the lap of the rulers under the cover of reconciliation.
To a question, JI Ameer said no party could alone resolve the issues of country.
comments powered by Disqus
More Karachi NEWS
- Call to implement budget after Ramazan
- 2 electrocuted in city
- PAF man injured in firing in Karachi
- City hospitals receiving several measles cases
- Thar Coal recognized at clean Coal forum in China: Motiwala
- Wild life dept issues report about mortality in peacocks
- Police arrest ringleader of extortion gang
- 500 cell phones recovered from prisoners
- Ebad orders treatment of 3-year-old girl
- Afaq moves SHC against placement of his name