Pozzato set to miss Games after doping charge
Posted on 11 months ago
The Italian Olympic Committee said in a statement on Thursday that its prosecutor had charged the 30-year-old former Italian champion and had asked a tribunal to impose a one-year ban.
Under the rules of the Italian Olympic Committee, any athlete charged with a doping offence cannot compete in a forthcoming Games unless cleared beforehand. The tribunal is unlikely to make its decision before the London Games start on July 27.
comments powered by Disqus
More Sports NEWS
- Sykes leads second qualifying
- Di Luca sacked after testing positive
- Hughie Fury wins in Romania
- New law to curb unfair practices
- Beckham left out of PSG squad
- Asad Rauf arrives in Pakistan
- Dogged Ireland eye series win
- PWAA new office bearers elected
- Rose blooms with sunny 69
- National Challenge Cup final today