City to have 4 garbage recycling units: Tahir
Posted on 11 months ago
PESHAWAR: The provincial metropolis would soon have four garbage recycling units with a purpose to make it useful besides improving the living standards of the people and the environment as well.
Managing Director of the Project Tahir Mehmood Friday informed Deputy Speaker Provincial Assembly Khushdil Khan Advocate in a meeting held here with elders of a village where one of the units has been established.
He said that under the project as many as 600 youth would be trained and with employment opportunities, adding that it would help reduce unemployment and making the garbage useful.
He said that the project would be completed with the financial assistance of the Saudi Government.
Earlier, the Deputy Speaker directed the project director and other concerned departments to initiate the project with consultation with the local people and their concerns should be addressed properly.
The local people of Baghbanan area informed the Deputy Speaker that instead of providing electricity, gas, drinking water, the district government has installed recycling unit. The Project Director Tahir Mehmood said that the project is Saudi Government funded.
comments powered by Disqus
More Peshawar NEWS
- PTI MPA asks colleagues not to take perks
- Mosque imam killed om Faqeerabad
- PML-N candidate accuses interim govt for rigging in Nowshera
- School dropout major problem of education sector in KP
- Malaria: 4253 case registered in KP since January
- Increase in electricity prices under fuel adjustment by NEPRA rejected
- Load shedding in Peshawar Residents of Lahori, Circular road stage protests
- Commissioner Anees hails sacrifices of KP police for restoration of peace
- Two more independents join PTI in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- CJ PHC chairs meeting on Bannu bench