LHC releases verdict in dual office case
Posted on 11 months ago
LAHORE: The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday released full bench detailed verdict over dual office case of President Asif Ali Zardari wherein he was ordered to quit one of his offices.
The verdict announced by full bench of the Lahore High Court on June 27, consisted on seven pages wherein it was clearly mentioned that no one could filed appeal against the earlier detailed order of the full bench of the LHC in. 2011, which led it be a final order in this regard.
The judgment also said that after the LHC full bench order, the president being a co-chairman of PPP should have left one office. It was also observed that why the president did not quit one office and under the light of the constitution the president should be neutral and impartial as he is the symbol of unity.
The judgment further said President should disassociate himself from political activities. The court gave president Zardari another chance to quit one of his two offices till September 5 and it was expected the president will comply the court order.
The copy of the verdict will be sent to the president through his personal secretary. According to the judgment, Deputy Attorney General was directed to be present in the next due date to assist the court.
comments powered by Disqus
More Lahore NEWS
- LBA announces strike
- Prominent lawyer gunned down in Lahore
- Action against rickshaw drivers, beggars
- Two police officials transferred
- Under construction bridge collapses
- Five injured in house fire
- Couple in love in trouble in court
- Rs7b for education, says Shahbaz
- Farmers reiterate demand for approving modified corn
- Need stressed to implement laws against women harassment