Flood hit enterprises get Rs1.9m UNDP-funded grant
Posted on 12 months ago
PESHAWAR: Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority, (Smeda), as implementing partner of UNDP-sponsored "Early flood Recovery communities" Program distributed Rs1.9million grant cheques among flood affected small enterprises of Union Council, Akhagram, Dir Upper.
A grant of Rs, 30,000 each was distributed among more than 65 small enterprises during a ceremony held at of Union Council Akhagram, Dir Upper.
The Program Provincial Coordinator, Ms Noor Zeba, Coordinator Business Support Centre., Hasham, former UC nazim, notable of area, and beneficiaries of the grant were present.
Ms Noor Zeba, while addressing on the occasion said that the Smeda with finacnail support of UNDP had extended grant to recover the floods affected small businesses in the region. She added that the efforts are being made to work on other relevant sectors as well.
The BSC coordinator, Hasham Khan expressed the hope that the UNDP-funded ER project will prove to restoration of flood affected small businesses, saying that Smeda is playing integral role to fully facilitate the affectees under the project.
He further added that the authority is also working different interventions to support and facilitate for development of SME in the province.
He said that the all possible steps would be taken to ease suffering of the flood affected people under the program, saying that the grant distribution was part of the efforts.
On the occasion, the former nazim and notable of the area have extended special gratitude to Smeda and UNDP for provision of financial assistance to restore flood affected businesses in the region.
They expressed the hope that the program would also further expanded to other flood affected UCs of the Dir Upper.
comments powered by Disqus
More Peshawar NEWS
- Rocket attack on PTC factory F.P. Report
- UNHCR to mark World Refugee Day
- Minister wants labor dept schools to be the best
- Municipal administration gets garbage disposal machinery
- KP?govt to convene APC on talks with Taliban soon: Shaukat
- Gulbadinís daughter protests against her stepbrother
- Shahzad assumes charges as CS
- PUTA disappointed over cutting of allowances in federal budget
- ANF makes record: Largest cache of heroin component seized
- Man killed in Mattani; house looted in Yousafabad