NATO soldier perishes in Taliban attack ISAF trooper killed in eastern Afghanistan
Posted on 12 months ago
The ISAF soldier—whose nationality was not disclosed—died after an "insurgent attack", the international force announced in a brief statement.
The NATO force also did not give details of the incident and exact location of the attack in the troubled south. But an officer of Australian military announced that an Australian soldier was killed in Taliban attack yesterday in Chora district of southern Uruzgan province.
Australia lost 33 troops in the Afghan war so far. This also boosted to 224 the number of foreign troops killed in Afghan war so far this year.
Meanwhile, ISAF announced they lost a soldier after an attack in eastern Afghanistan Tuesday.
"An International Security Assistance Force service member died following an insurgent attack in eastern Afghanistan today," ISAF said in a brief statement without giving further details of the attack and nationality of the fallen soldier.
Meanwhile, Taliban reported rocket attacks on foreign forces' bases in Samkani district of Paktia, Dargai district of Khost province and Noorgram district of Nuristan province Tuesday.
Taliban claimed that their fighters also inflicted casualties on foreign forces after an attack in Sokai district of Kunar province this morning.
comments powered by Disqus
More Afghanistan NEWS
- Expired food items torched
- Rowhani invites Karzai
- Handicrafts exhibition launched in Ghazni
- Chinese workers threaten to quit Mes Ainak mine
- Cleric among 4 shot dead, 3 cops injured
- Eight projects inaugurated
- Some nations yet to pay pledged funds
- Helmand residents want polls postponed
- Council heads want regulatory role of bodies restored
- We downed ISAF copter, claim Taliban