Karzai meets UK Secretary of State
Posted on 11 months ago
On the occasion, President Hamid Karzai forwarded his grief over the killing of three British soldiers in Helmand province and extended his condolence to Andrew Mitchell and families of the fallen soldiers, a president's office statement available with the Afghan Islamic Press stated.
The UK's Secretary of State also expressed grief over the demise of British soldiers and vowed their killing would not affect the British resolve with Afghanistan.
"I have been assigned with participating in the Tokyo conference, Andrew Mitchell said.
He vowed his country would continue assisting Afghanistan under the framework of strategic partnership agreement.
President Hamid Karzai lauded the assistance of UK with the people of Afghanistan.
Hamid Karzai said his country was taking steps to maintain security in the country and to ensure transparent election.
comments powered by Disqus
More Afghanistan NEWS
- Judicial team off to Iran
- 12000 US troops may stay
- Dilawari ties afghani’s fall to illicit cash transfers
- Karzai flays Kandahar explosions
- Obama cuts war funding request
- Six cops dead, four wounded in bomb attack Four ANA troops perish in roadside bombing
- Residents seek removal of police chief
- Wardak seeks $3b in int’l aid for school buildings
- Afghanistan has made tangible progress: NATO
- Taliban deny involvement in Kandahar explosions