Three Russians get doping bans
Posted on 11 months ago
Svetlana Klyuka, second in the 800 metres at the 2006 European championships, and 2011 European 800 indoor winner Yevgenia Zinurova, were also suspended for "abnormal indexes in their biometric passports", the country's athletics federation said.
Yulamanova finished second in the marathon at the 2010 European championships in Barcelona but was upgraded to the gold medal after the winner, Lithuania's Zivile Balciunaite, was disqualified and banned for using steroids.
There was no marathon competition at the 2012 edition in Helsinki, Finland last week due to it being an Olympic year. The suspensions involving 31-year-old Yulamanova and Klyuka, 33, have been backdated to February. The ban for Zinurova, 29, began in September.
As all three are ineligible to compete at this week's Russian championships, they will not race at the London Olympics that start -on July 27.
comments powered by Disqus
More Sports NEWS
- Davies quickest in practice
- Blue beats Green in RDCA match
- Volleyball Tourney from 27th
- DFA U16 League from Monday
- Footballer Amjad dies of heart attack
- Punjab wins Gymnastic Championship
- Talha clinches title in NBP National Open
- New South Wales name new CEO
- PCB distances from Asad Rauf issue
- Mardan wins KP Inter-Region Women Baseball title