1,216 Waziristan IDP families
Posted on 10 months ago
PESHAWAR (APP): Around 1,216 families displaced due to military operation in South Waziristan would be repatriated to their hometowns on July 16, said an official of the Fata Disaster Management Authority (FDMA) on Monday.
As many 69,279 families were internally displaced due to the military offensive against unruly factions. After peace was restored in the area, some 8,158 families moved back to their hometowns.
The FDMA official affirmed that the next phase of resettlement of Waziristan IDPs would be initiated on July 16, wherein 1,216 families would travel back to 10 areas in South Waziristan Agency through free transportation facility provided by the FDMA.
Dry food items, and ration supply for two months would also be distributed amongst the families, he concluded.
comments powered by Disqus
More Peshawar NEWS
- Blast in warehouse
- Governor flays Malakand blast
- PTI MPA not to receive salary, perks
- Hot dry spell to continue
- Haroon named as ANP CEC member
- One killed over enmity in Faqirabad
- PML-N workers pray on Thanksgiving Day
- Father demands recovery of teenage daughter
- PESCO disconnects power supply to 32 defaulters
- Sherpao expresses concern over load shedding