PM: Govt to bring in Audit & Accounts bill in Parliament
Posted on 10 months ago
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that the Office of the Auditor General was hugely important as it was the custodian of public money. He said that he would like to ensure the autonomy of the Auditor General's office, which would enable it to undertake its responsibilities on the basis of transparency and accountability, the linchpin of good governance.
The Prime Minister assured the Auditor General that the government would bring a bill in the Parliament known as Audit and Accounts Bill. He expressed his concern that the Office was still being run under an Ordinance and no legislation to the effect had even been undertaken.
The Auditor General said that without the autonomy, the international organizations expressed their reluctance to accept the findings of AG office and insisted on the Third Party validation.
He further said that Act of Audit and Account was absolutely important for the credibility of the constitutional office that was assigned such an important constitutional responsibility of auditing the expenditures of the tax payers' money.
comments powered by Disqus
More Capital NEWS
- Bahria University Open House 2013
- FPSC announces result
- Bus terminals sheds demanded
- Radio China Intíl team visits PBA
- Javed Aslam new CS Punjab
- Effort to ensure re-starts of Middle East peace process
- Vacation demanded from June, 1
- IHC reserves judgment in passport case
- International Day for Biological Diversity celebrated today
- Nizami urges media promote Pak-China ties