Load shedding JUI-S threatens to block GT Road in protest
Posted on 10 months ago
RISALPUR: Workers of JUI-S in protest against unending load shedding in Ramadan announced to block Nowshera- Mardan and Peshawar- Rawalpindi GT Road to perform Taraweeh prayers on Wednesday.
General secretary of the party Mufti Inamullah told members of the media that the government had pocketed the aid from Saudi Arabia that was received for putting an end to load shedding.
He complained that an agenda with 20 hours of load shedding a day was being followed in Risalpur and there was no electricity even at the time of Sehri and Aftari. Mufti Inamullah said that the government was being unfair to the people of Khayber Pakhtunkhwa and the president and prime minister had no idea what the people of the province were going through.
He warned those at the helm of affairs that if they failed to stop load shedding the masses would come out on the streets. He said the government would be responsible for the damage caused by angry masses.
comments powered by Disqus
More Peshawar NEWS
- Fakhru Bhai falls short of expectations
- 3-day anti-polio drive in FATA from today
- Abdul Aziz passes away
- Seven injured in clash over property
- PPP closes Media Cell in KP
- PTI candidate still winner after recount
- Nasrullah Afridiís death anniversary observed
- Ghost of honour killings haunts KP
- Arbab Khizer wants PTI?to accept PML-Nís?mandate
- Shaukat asks LRH?admin to give best treatment to blast victims