Bids to exploit copper deposits opened
Posted on 10 months ago
A preferred bidder for the Balkhab project will be announced shortly. Balkhab in north central Afghanistan is one of four major mining areas that the Afghanistan government is currently seeking international firms to exploit.
It also expects to extract gold from the Badakhshan area in northern Afghanistan, copper and gold from Zarkashan in the south west and copper from Balkhab and Shaida Herat.
comments powered by Disqus
More Afghanistan NEWS
- Judicial team off to Iran
- 12000 US troops may stay
- Dilawari ties afghani’s fall to illicit cash transfers
- Karzai flays Kandahar explosions
- Obama cuts war funding request
- Six cops dead, four wounded in bomb attack Four ANA troops perish in roadside bombing
- Residents seek removal of police chief
- Wardak seeks $3b in int’l aid for school buildings
- Afghanistan has made tangible progress: NATO
- Taliban deny involvement in Kandahar explosions