CS directs shifting of truck stand
Posted on 10 months ago
KARACHI (APP): Chief Secretary Sindh, Raja Muhammad Abbas, has called a report about shifting/construction of truck terminal, from the Secretary transport Sindh immediately and asked the departments of Home, Transport, Implementation, police and KMC to jointly ensure expeditious action on their past to this effect.
He was presiding over a review meeting in his office here on Monday.
The meeting was also attended by the Additional Chief Secretary (Home), Suhail Akbar Shah, Secretaries Aijaz Ali Khan, Nazar Muhammad Kalhoro, Iqbal Mahmood, Additional IGP, Muhammad Hussain Syed Administrator KMC.
A presentation was made in the meeting, which suggested construction of truck stand in any suitable area of National Highway or Super Highway or RCD High Way.
The Chief Secretary asked the stakeholders to offer their views within two days.
It was pointed out that Karachi city's issues like pollution, traffic jam and wastage of time etc. could be minimized if the truck Terminal Project is implemented.
comments powered by Disqus
More Karachi NEWS
- Karachi polls results unreliable, says HRN
- Inordinate delay in water pipeline completion deplored
- SHC orders vote recounting at PS-22
- Protest against targeted killings
- 518 caught while cheating in HSC exam
- Nawabshah hottest place in Sindh
- 11 dengue cases reported
- Police nab 17 criminals, recovers arms
- Milad conference held in Korangi
- Role of women highlighted