CDGL plans to preserve city landscape
Posted on 10 months ago
LAHORE (APP): City District Government Lahore will initiate work on a new master plan to preserve landscaping and a green look of Lahore.
This was stated by DCO Noorul Amin Mengal while addressing a meeting with representatives of housing societies of Lahore which was chaired by Commissioner Jawad Rafiq Malik and attended among others by MNA Kh Saad Rafiq, MPAs Kh.Imran Nazir, Haji Allah Rakha and officers from departments concerned.
The DCO said the Master Plan 2021 had failed to ensure due share of greenery in housing societies and the government initiated work on a new master plan. He sought suggestions from the participant developers to make the proposed plan more acceptable and effective.
The DCO regretted over findings of a study conducted in Nishtar Town which revealed that about 12 housing societies had been established in the agricultural area violating the rules set in plan 2021.
He said that no new housing scheme will be issued an NOC unless its owner submitted an undertaking to abide by all rules of City District Government Lahore. The participants welcomed the new initiative for Green Lahore and assured their full cooperation.
More Lahore NEWS
- LBA announces strike
- Prominent lawyer gunned down in Lahore
- Action against rickshaw drivers, beggars
- Two police officials transferred
- Under construction bridge collapses
- Five injured in house fire
- Couple in love in trouble in court
- Rs7b for education, says Shahbaz
- Farmers reiterate demand for approving modified corn
- Need stressed to implement laws against women harassment