District rights chief gunned down Police officerâ€™s son shot dead
Posted on 11 months ago
JALALABAD/SHEBERGHAN (AIP): Taliban shot dead rights chief of Pacheer Agam district, Ningarhar province, today, police said Tuesday.
The gunmen opened on Said Abdullah Pacha, district rights chief, in Pass Sabar area today’s noon, and killed him, said Dr. Faizanullah, police chief of Pacheer Agam district.
He told AIP that the senior official was on way to his home from office when attacked by the gunmen, adding police brought his body to the district headquarters.
Taliban claimed responsibility for the death of Said Abdullah Pacha as their spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told AIP that their fighters killed him in an ambush.
Meanwhile, the son of a police officer was shot dead in Maimana city in Faryab province yesterday, an official said Tuesday.
A gunman opened fire on Abdul Sattar, son of Ghafoor Ali, the head of legal adviser of the Faryab police headquarters, in Maimana city late yesterday, the Faryab police spokesman, Syed Masaud told the AIP.
The accused fled the scene, he said, adding the police arrested his father for investigation.
He maintained initial investigation indicated it was a crime incident, not a terrorism event.
More Afghanistan NEWS
- Expired food items torched
- Rowhani invites Karzai
- Handicrafts exhibition launched in Ghazni
- Chinese workers threaten to quit Mes Ainak mine
- Cleric among 4 shot dead, 3 cops injured
- Eight projects inaugurated
- Some nations yet to pay pledged funds
- Helmand residents want polls postponed
- Council heads want regulatory role of bodies restored
- We downed ISAF copter, claim Taliban