FFC: All major rivers flowing normal
Posted on 10 months ago
The reservoir elevations indicates that Tarbela and Mangla Dams are at elevations of 1494.98 feet and 1165.10 feet respectively, which are 55.02 feet and 76.90 feet below their respective Maximum Conservation Levels of 1550.00 feet and 1242.00 feet. The combined live storage position of Tarbela, Chashma & Mangla reservoirs is 6.386 MAF as compared to last year’s 8.925 MAF.
Monsoon Low still persists over Northwestern Madhya Pradesh (India). Marked Seasonal Low lies over Northwestern Balochistan. A shallow Westerly Wave lies over Northern Afghanistan.
Moist current from Arabian Sea is penetrating into upper parts of the country upto 4000 feet. A fresh Monsoon Low has developed over Northwestern Bay of Bengal.
The FFD predicted scattered thundershowers with isolated heavy falls over Northern and Northeastern Punjab, KP and Kashmir including upper catchments of Indus, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi and Sutlej Rivers during the next 24 hours.
comments powered by Disqus
More Capital NEWS
- Musical night enthralls audience
- FPSC to hold tests for jobs
- Photographic work on display
- PR get clears encroached land
- Transporters ignore cylinders safety measures
- Pak-China friendship very strong: Nisar
- DMG body wants award for Mansoor
- GST not imposed on essential items
- Centre asked to pay net hydel profit
- Babar against appointing army officer as regulator