PM apprised about revenue collection
Posted on 9 months ago
ISLAMABAD: Chairman Federal Board of Revenue, Ali Arshad Hakeem called on Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf at the PM’s House Friday afternoon and apprised him about the revenue position and initiatives taken by the FBR to facilitate the taxpayers.
Ali Arshad Hakeem informed the Prime Minister about various steps taken by the FBR to streamline and reorganize the tax collection system with the objective of facilitating the taxpayers.
He said that FBR has embarked upon a policy to increase the revenue base by exploring new avenues and lessen the burden on individual taxpayers by reducing the tax rate.
The Chairman said that the reform being proposed by FBR shall on the one hand be people friendly and on the other increase revenue, which is the dire need of the country.
The Prime Minister appreciated the efforts of Chairman FBR and asked him to work out his reform plan in consultation with the Ministry of Finance. He also emphasized on the need to achieve the revenue targets set by the government in the budget. He hoped that FBR would achieve the targets and plug the loopholes in the system.
comments powered by Disqus
More Capital NEWS
- ISA facing grave problems
- Writers Coffee House
- Students victim of power outages
- PPP to play responsible role
- Brotherhood among Muslims urged
- CDA sells 14 commercial plots for Rs4.9b
- UNHRC inaugurates RAHA Secretariat in Capital
- Pak environmentalist awarded at American contest
- Unscheduled load shedding irks residents
- 11 outlaws arrested; stolen car and gold ornaments recovered