Share your joy with others, KP governor gives Eid message
Posted on 9 months ago
PESHAWAR: Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Masood Kausar in his Eid message to the people of the province asked to take care of the needy people on the occasion of the Eidul Fitr.
"Eid-ul-Fitr marks the culmination of the holy month of Ramadan-ul-Mubarik, and brings with it festivities for the faithful to celebrate the rewards they have reaped while fasting, fulfilling their religious obligations and being kind and benevolent to fellow humans. At this important occasion, we should follow the sagacious rituals and values of sharing festivities with others, especially the have nots and needy ones. This is actually the hall mark and the core spirit of the sacred festival.
On this auspicious occasion, I congratulate the countrymen in general and the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA in particular. I would also like to remind them the basic concept of fasting which stresses steadfastness, devotion and courage in following the divine lines towards fulfillment of social and civic responsibilities. Since we are still in the process of reconstruction and rehabilitation in wake of the disasters caused by extremism and terrorism, therefore the need for strengthening the bonds of brother-hood, unity and consciousness for ensuring peace and security and better future has become all the more important.
I, therefore, urge my fellow countrymen to continue with the spirit of tolerance, accommodation and patience and share the miseries and difficulties of the affected people especially those whose near and dear ones have embraced martyrdom.
I urge Pakistanis in general and the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA in particular to work tirelessly for a secure and prosperous future for the coming generations and assure them of all my, and the government's, support".
comments powered by Disqus
More Peshawar NEWS
- PTI workers want Javed as minister
- IDPs demand facility to vote in NA-46 repolling
- Collector allows exports via Ghulam Khan post
- Progress without women participation not possible:?Mossarat
- PUTA wants grant released
- IJT demands generators in hostels
- Cholera, malaria on the rise in Jamrud
- Hydropower is cheaper to produce electricity:?Energy minister
- Beheaded body found in Matani;?alcohol factory seized
- Promotions, confirmations of faculty to be based on students’ feedback:?VC