Burney wants 11-year-old Christian girl released
Posted on 10 months ago
Ansar Burney has said with pain and sorrow that the Ramna Police Station at Islamabad arrested an innocent girl, named Rifta Masih, alias Rimsha, a Down syndrome girl on false charges of burning a Noorani Qaeyda on August 16 and threw it in garbage after putting it in a plastic bag. Rimsha Masih belonged to the rural area of Mehrabadi, which is near G-11 sector at Islamabad.
He said that soon after such report, the area people had gathered to lodge their protest. The protesters also beat up the mentally ill girl and her mother, while the rest of the girlâ€™s family managed to escape. The girl has been sent to a juvenile jail on judicial remand.
Burney said that Rimsha alias Rifta has Down syndrome and was falsely accused of burning 10 pages of the Noorani Qaeyda.
comments powered by Disqus
More Capital NEWS
- 25 lawbreakers arrested
- Baloch students attended IOP
- PS-12 Shikarpur polls termed void
- IHC allows allowance
- Lt. Col Haider passes away
- ANF arrests drug smuggler
- CDA took steps to resolve chronic issues: Chairman
- Police holds farewell for outgoing officers
- ‘Comprehensive policy to end load shedding’
- Asif felicitates Iranian president-elect