Stoner injured, Pedrosa on pole
Posted on 10 months ago
Reigning MotoGP champion Casey Stoner was rushed off to hospital with what was later confirmed as torn right ankle ligaments after he came off his bike on the bumpy and slippery American circuit just minutes into the session.
Stoner had a ferocious high-side at turn 13 and was thrown through the air and landed heavily, feet first, before tumbling through the gravel. His Honda had a separate series of dramatic flips.
The Australian is currently third in the world championship in what will be his final MotoGP season before retiring, 32 points behind leader Jorge Lorenzo with eight grands prix remaining.
Ben Spies also crashed heavily in the second half of the hour-long qualifying but was able to walk away, while Nicky Hayden's horrifying smash in the closing minutes led to him being taken away from the track in an ambulance though he was sitting up and talking after his bike, too, buckled away from beneath him after hitting a bump.
comments powered by Disqus
More Sports NEWS
- AKG thrashes Rangers Gym
- Hockey training camp commences
- Pakistan beat NZ in Team Cíship
- SBPís sports Unionís election
- Ammara Latif new NHS administrator
- 7 Pak players return home
- NTDC wins WAPDA Inter-Unit Swimming Cíship
- Swat win against Abbottabad in Inter-District Squash
- Aqeel Khan wins national ranking tennis championship
- 3 names under consideration for interm chairman of PCB