PPP Punjab to hold seminars to mark 5th July as \'Black Day\'
Posted on 2014-07-05 06:31:23
The PPP Punjab Secretariat has already issued instructions to the rank and file to observe the day as \"Black Day\" in all the districts to highlight the struggle of the PPP workers and its leadership for the rights of the down trodden.
According to the PPP, People\'s Legal Forum is holding a function on Saturday in connection with the Black Day at Lahore High Court on Saturday where Secretary General Latif Khosa will be the Chief Guest and Tanvir Ashraf Kaira will be guest of honour.
Another function will be held at Lahore Press Club where Senator Aitzaz Ahsan will be the chief guest and Secretary General Tanvir Ashraf Kaira will the guest of honour afternoon under the auspices of Labour Wing of the PPP.
Similarly, Human Rights Wing of the PPP and PYO will also hold functions to highlight the struggle of the PPP workers and its leaders for the cause of have-nots and their rights.
In a message, President Punjab PPP, Mian Manzoor Ahmed Wattoo said that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was the greatest leader of Pakistan after the Quaid-i- Azam who became a powerful voice of the voiceless poor people and empowered them with the right of vote based on the one man one vote principle.
He further said that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto sacrificed his life for the cause of democracy and the poor masses but refused to submit before the retrogressive and anti-democratic forces.
Paying rich tributes to the leadership of Zuliqar Ali Bhutto, Secretary General Tanvir Ashraf Kaira maintained that he faced the ruthless and callous dictatorship of General Zia-ul-Haq who became history and his name had been thrown in the dustbin. On the contrary, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto made the history by offering the ultimate sacrifice for the supreme cause of the empowerment of the people of Pakistan. He has become immortal adding that is the justice of history.
comments powered by Disqus
More Lahore NEWS
- 'PTI will not be part of deal about Musharraf' Qureshi wonders over Zardari's search for US guarantees to stop army takeover
- Hydel generation registers increase of 1.524 billion units in 2013-2014
- MPA\'s death widely condoled
- Police make security plan for Eid
- Power shortfall reaches 5,600mw
- Eid preparations on rise in city
- Railways reservation to remain closed
- Israeli bombings a slap on world face: Baloch
- Governor inaugurates APWA exhibition to promote women artisans
- USAID, Indus Heritage Trust ink MoU for upholding entrepreneurship