64 Taliban militants killed in Afghan army operations
Posted on 2014-07-13 06:13:20
According to a statement released by MoD, the operations were conducted in Kunar, Nuristan, Kbaul, Ghor, Helmand and Kunduz provinces. The statement further added that ten foreign militants were also among those killed during the operations and several others were injured.
At least seven militant were also injured during the operations, the statement by MoD said, adding that various types of weapons, ammunition and explosives were confiscated by Afghan army soldiers. MoD also added that Afghan soldiers discovered and seized 100 kg of explosives along with 178 various types of improvised explosvie device (IED) and landmines during the operations.
The anti-government armed militant groups have not commented regarding the report so far.
comments powered by Disqus
More Afghanistan NEWS
- Preparations being made for operation in Sangin
- Commander among 7 cops killed, wounded
- 8 dead in traffic accident
- Six dead, 28 hurt in Takhar explosion
- Licences of 2 LPG importers suspended
- Joint committee okays draft law on privileges for lawmakers
- 2 foreign women shot dead in Herat
- Five of a family, religious scholar killed
- US satisfied with progress
- Karzai flays Israeli attacks on Gaza