Wal-Mart fires employee after anti-Muslim Facebook comments
Posted on 2013-09-05 15:07:22
HAMBURG, New York (AP) - Wal-Mart has fired an employee of a US store after he posted derogatory comments about Muslim customers on Facebook.
The firing follows a request by the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations for Wal-Mart to discipline the assistant manager.
Along with a picture of Muslim women in traditional dress, the manager s expletive-filled posting read: "Halloween came early this year.
Do they really have to dress like that."
A spokeswoman for U.S.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc. says company officials looked into the posting immediately upon learning about it and fired the employee.
CAIR identified him as Terry Earsing.
He apologized when reached by The Buffalo News on Wednesday.
comments powered by Disqus
More Business NEWS
- Landmark WTO trade deal approved by commerce ministers
- Youth business loan scheme announced by PM
- Qantas downgraded to 'junk' status by ratings agency S&P
- KSE crosses 25,000 points for the first time in history
- Asian markets mostly lower after upbeat US data
- Oil prices mixed in Asian trade
- Oil prices mixed amid Middle East oversupply concerns
- Dollar steady in Asia ahead of US jobs data
- Asian markets slip on Fed stimulus talk
- Profit taking pulls KSE-100 Index 143 points down