Clarke cautions Watson
Posted on 3 months ago
Watson has spent a month on the sidelines after aggravating a calf strain during the Boxing Day Test against Sri Lanka, which prompted his decision to stop bowling indefinitely. The 31-year-old will make his comeback as an opener in Australia\'s one-day match on Wednesday against the West Indies in Canberra.
But Clarke said Watson would not receive such an easy passage into the national team when the four-Test series against India gets under way later this month. \"As I\'ve said to Watto, while he\'s not bowling he goes into a much bigger pool of players,\" Clarke said after winning the Allan Border Medal on Monday night.
comments powered by Disqus
More Sports NEWS
- Ireland 'very willing' to tour Pakistan: Cricket Ireland
- India mulls spot-fixing law after arrests
- Arsenal take fourth as Koscielny strikes
- Spurs suffer Euro agony despite Bale magic
- Porto win 27th Portuguese title
- Ferguson ends epic career with 10-goal entertainer
- I want to leave PSG, says Madrid target Ancelotti
- A job well done by Benitez
- Williams sweeps Azarenka aside in Rome
- Nadal crushes Federer to win seventh Rome title